Sunday, February 21, 2010

Encouragement

These past few years have been a trying time in the life of our church. A lot of different ideas as to what our church is to be about. We have been in transition for a long time. Staff members leaving often and members of the congregation dissatisfied with leadership. It has been a time of wonder. Do you remember the old pepsodent toothpaste commercial, "You'll wonder where the yellow went." that is kind of the way I have felt these past years. "I wonder where the love went." If you have been following my blog at all, then you will see some of my concern within the posts.

Well today I have been become encouraged. We had a service this morning in which I was blessed, then after wards a potluck lunch (I have been batching it this weekend, so home cooked food sounded really good). The attendance of the congregation was up, and I felt the Spirit move among the people.

I thought that I could see a light at the end of a long dark and scary tunnel. Did I say I was encouraged?

God is good. It is just a shame that we try to make God fit into our agenda. What if we just let God use us as He sees fit. After all He sees the larger picture, all we can see is the picture that we are a part of.

There are good times ahead, but also hard times if we are willing to do the will of the Lord.

The picture I put to this post says a lot of what I have felt, the arm of God around His people who have been struggling to make the team. Don't give up, stay the course and listen to what He has to say and learn from our mistakes. ===Skid===

No comments:

Post a Comment