Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Loyalty



Saturday morning my wife and I watched this movie.  It has been a long time since I have been so moved by a story. The plot is simple and the acting is okay, not much in the way of high tech cinematography, but the story of such loyalty WOW. I will tell you that I am still moved and emotional when I remember certain scenes. This is one movie that every dog lover should see.

Another thing that has come to my odd way of thinking, is how much this story should be an example to those that profess Christianity as their belief. The commitment level that this dog has for his adopted master.... What if we as believers had just a 10th of that commitment to our God? Can you just imagine the ramifications of such loyalty and commitment. The thought of that just blows me away. It seems that we can't even commit to attending church on a regular basis let alone commit to serving our risen Savior. What if we committed half as much time to serving Jesus as we do attending sports events, or watching TV, enjoying recreation. I am embarrassed to say that I spend way to much time serving myself and too little time serving the Lord. So this is by no means an admonishment to any one but my self.

Another view on my thoughts, is the unconditional love that Hachi exhibits is astounding, I know that God is greater and Loves us more and that I should not compare God to Hachi, but this is just a slice of the Love God has for each one of us. He constantly waits for us as we go about our oh so important lives. He is always there when we finally come home to Him. He died for us can we not give a little of our time to Him?

So any way rent this video or borrow it from somebody, just watch it somehow. I am sure that you will be as touched by the story as much as I was. ===Skid===

No comments:

Post a Comment